The number of broken hearts over a lifetime

I have been brokenhearted for as long as I remember having a heart. One of my first that I still vividly remember ended with a pang of bittersweet melancholy and a lingering regret that I still feel at times I remenis on his romanesque stature and dapper stride that I used to fantasise about incessantly.  and I can't help but smile at the obsenities I fantasize about the vast difference between him and my first crush, long before my delayed puberty, way back during my final year in Primary School.

I still remember how baffled I was when a friend suggested that my feelings may be inappropriate for my gender right after I declared my feelings of passion and yearning desire I had for our Art Teacher, a decidedly vanilla young blond substitute teacher with a strong trip and a penchant for playful banter that I rather enjoyed. After sharing my concern with my buddy I was sworn to lifelong secrecy and sternly warned about the biblical consequence of entertaining even a moment of lecherous debouchery. 

I guess when it comes to the broken heart's mended, he is one of a select few that healed. In my own defence my byromantic past is notlittered with  with romance but scarred by the   there's a lot to remember, every one a sordid tale of tradgedy heartbreaking circumstance, tempestious, often tumultous, mostly short-lived, and all of them ending with every one worthy of the their own Sonnet in light of the way they endended I must admit that I still find my mind lingering on one or another I've noticed that the the majority relate to why they started rather than why they ended.


Comments